pipework for central heating - is this work OK?

not to sure about raping the pipes in tape will stop the plaster from cracking....

it is a real shame its all done in 10mm....

Sponsored Links
My parents are having a complete new oil fired central heating installation - new boiler, new pipework and new rads.
The company is registered with HETAS, OFTEC,CORGI & NICEIC but some of the copper piping is dented, slightly flattened on bends in places and at a couple of points where it will join the radiator the piping is almost the shape of an egg timer. Photos below - I hope.
I have plenty more photos if wanted.
A couple of building contractors doing other work have commented that they have not seen anything like it before - but they were not plumbers - so, any professional advice would be greatly appreciated !

Photos are in my album if you just click on the PipG

[/img]

I must admit it's not an exam quality piece of pipework, however, I've seen far worse.
However, you must never chase heating pipes into the wall like that - big problems!!
For a start the bricks and plaster will draw the heat out of the pipes and warm up the wall lovely!!.
The plaster will also crack and soon fall off.
So for me the pipework is a pass - but it fails by being chased into the wall which in turn makes it a dogrough job.
Servotech,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back