Pipework route advice needed!

Bon

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi chaps (and chapesses!),

I'm about to install a shower pump and my intended route was up into the loft from the base of the airing cupboard and to the shower.

My cold water cistern is at the top of the airing cupboard and therefore will not gravity flow and activate the pump as it is not a negative-head pump. :(

My question therefore is which would be the "easier" option,

1) Move the tank into the loft

2) Install the shower pipework under the floor boards.

My preferred option would be to move the tank as it has been badly installed and doesn't even have a lid. Moving it would mean I can neaten the installation and also gain a usable airing cupboard.

However if anyone can give me a reason to not move it and go for the low level install, I'm all ears!!

Thanks

Ben

Sponsored Links
Softus said:
Bon said:
1) Move the tank into the loft
Er, do you mean the cistern?

Yeah yeah, tanks have big guns and shoot at things in the desert :LOL: , of course I mean the cistern.

Anyone got any useful ideas, or are we all feeling sarcastic? Thought the idea here was to help people??

Softus, have you ever thought of a career in comedy? Jimmy Carr's way too over-exposed these days, you could take his place.

Sponsored Links
My post was genuine and I wanted to help.

FYI some people simply confuse the words "tank" and "cistern", and there are others actually do want to move the cylinder into the loft.

I had no idea how much you understood and needed to confirm what you wanted to do.

However, in view of your attitude, you and your ears can f*** off.

If you read my post properly, you would have noticed I referred to it as a cistern before calling it a tank.

I now appreciate that you were genuinely trying to help, however text is a beggar for conveying tone therefore apologies for misinterpreting yours.

I must admit I don't get the comment about my ears though!

Looks like I should be reading my own posts more carefully :oops:

Thanks Lee-King!

Decided to move the cistern in the end due to the lack of lid and general shoddy-ness of the installation which has been bugging me since we moved in

Bon said:
If you read my post properly, you would have noticed I referred to it as a cistern before calling it a tank.
Read it, noticed it, asked you to confirm it, got an ars*y reply.

End of.

Fair comment.

I would probably have reacted in the same way so once again I apologise!!

I'll be in a better mood once this soap-star singing cr@p has finished and I can watch some decent TV. No doubt some other programme featuring 2-bit "celebrities" will be starting soon though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back