Pipework to vanity basins

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Do most people tend to run the hot and cold feeds to a vanity basin behind the blanking piece of wood at the back. Or in front of it in the unit?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Thanks there just enough room at the top to have a service valve accessible. That's if I screw the female end of the flexi on to it. What are peoples thoughts on doing this? I no some prefer a 1/2 male to 15mm compression.

Only difference is the 1/2" iron has a flat face on the end and not the sharp edge as is on the ISO for the olive. Overtighten the nut on the flexi onto it and you will cut through the rubber washer and it will leak.

Take a flat file and rub the sharp edges flat and then deburr, it's softish brass so doesn't take much, just make sure it's filed evenly. Run the valve up and down the file rather than the file across the top of the valve, if you see what I mean. Should have no problem then.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back