PIR Broken...?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. I've got a weird problem with my PIR floodlight. The problem is that the light turns itself on as soon as it turns off, as if the sensor is constantly being tripped. As a test, I went up a ladder and put my hand over the sensor and when I do that the light turns off and stays off.

Any ideas what the problem is? Is the unit fit for the bin or can it be fixed?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Try adjusting the light sensor in the first instance, they can often be temperamental. See how you get on with than.

Is it on a Northfacing wall?

Sponsored Links
Just noticed over time ones on north facing walls need adjusting as winter comes due to the poor light received as the suns angle in the sky reduces.

Try adjusting the light sensor but it does sound it could require a change.

It might be the sensor can "see" the light going off and interpreting that change of image as "motion". Either it can see the lamp directly or see a reflection of it. the reflection will be infra red and not necessarily a reflection of visible light.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back