PIR bulkhead with secondary output

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, currently I have a 100W PIR bulkhead on the front of our garage, for lighting the driveway

The house we are in is rather "back to front" with the living room at the back, so, when this light is triggered, it also turns on a 40W bulkhead on the side of our back porch which we can see from the living room, to act as a "signal light" that someone is coming up the driveway. (at night time only)

The light has a "Auxiliary Out" terminal inside it to allow for the signal light to connect. After 20 years, the unit has failed and although the PIR is working, it's also working during the daytime.

Does anyone know of a similar fitting to replace this or will I have to go down the route of a seperate pir and a basic bulkhead?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Most Pir bulkheads/ floodlights come with an aux or slave output on them
Timeguard ones definately do ....
Hope that answers your question

Thanks for the reply and reassurance, at least I can keep things neater now with a direct replacement.

I've only ever used 'cheap' floodlights with the soldered connections and hardly any wiring room, yet they always say the pir can switch a larger load than the max lamp power lol

Thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back