PIR coach lanterns keep breaking?

Years ago I fitted a PIR unit to the outside lights here. It failed after a few weeks. Fitted a replacement, it failed again. This happened several times. I knew the chap I was getting these off quite well, and he replaced them each time, after asking "are you exceeding the maximum load" and "are you sure the wiring is OK" etc. He assured me that he'd had no trouble with people returning these units apart from me. (I knew that he'd have changed type anyway if he'd had problems)
To cut a long story short I got tired of changing these things, and went and got a different make of unit from elsewhere. No more problems. I still don't know what was wrong. All I did was replace the unit, the wiring had already been checked several times.
No help at all to the OP, but it does seem to show that a change of unit type might (and only might!) be an answer,

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back