PIR lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have installed a pir to the light on my front porch, all is well and working fine... except that it switches on for no apparent reason. It seems to switch on if I turn a light on in the hall (same circuit as the front light) but not always.

Any ideas??

Sponsored Links
are the hall lights and the outside lights on a 2 gang switch

The hall and outside light are indeed on a two gang switch, could there be some interference between these, and if so how can get around it?

please explain how you installed pir i am just thinking you are crossing outside light and hall light switch lines this could have been done in the swich or at the point you connected pir

Sponsored Links
Hi
I connected the existing outside light circuit in to the pir and then made the link to the light itself, switching the hall light on doesn't always turn on the outside light just occasionally

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back