pitch roof felt, type?

8 Sep 2006
Reaction score
United Kingdom
Hi, can anyone give any advise as to which type of roof felt is needed, basically, mine is perished on the edge (near gutter) and falling in on inside of loft, also a couple of cracked tiles... anyway im going to refelt it and change broken tiles at same time, i know what im doing and how to go about it, however im stuck as to which felt is needed. The roof is a concrete tile (marley ludlow major) pitch roof with what appiers to be bitumen coated felt with hessian/ twine reinforcment about 40-45 years old. Would normal slaters felt be ok? or do i need breathable? never had any damp issuse related to ventelation also still have timber facias and soffits. Any advise is welcome. Thanks.

note: of the pics iv seen on this site it seems the felt is "Marley 1F ace undertile felt, bitumen based and hessian reinforced.
Sponsored Links
In my opinion. Klober PF runs rings round the rest. .. but in anycase use an underlay support tray as well.. Klobers is good.
Sponsored Links
You can use plain old roofing felt.

It has rotted at the eaves because it is exposed to sun and weather

When you renew, fit some plastic eves trays into the gutter and keep the felt/membrane back and under the eaves tile

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local