plain clay tile vents

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am in the middle of a loft conversion and have to provide 5000mm SQ continuous ventilation. I have seen some suitable vents which give 9,000mm SQ each. I am trying to work out how many I need. The roof space is 8.6 m long. Is my math correct? 8.6 x 5000mmSQ = 45.000 mm SQ. So I would need 5 of the vents at 1.8 m Centres. 5 x 9,000 = 45,000 mm SQ.

Or have I got this completely wrong??

Sponsored Links
How are single tile vents going to provide continuous ventilation between all rafters?

The BCO told me that it should be 5mm2 of continuous or similar. The vents are the 'or similar' route..

They might be of similar area, but the concept is to ventilate the whole roof, so have you thought about how air is going to circulate between all the rafters - top to bottom and side to side?

Sponsored Links
There will also be 25,000mm2 in the eaves. This is sorted with eaves vents already..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back