plain Mdf sheet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, none of the local diy stores that retail Mdf sheets,will cut them to size.I want a sheet less than the 8ft x 4 but with specific dimensions. also 8mm will be thick enough.Does anyone know of a distributor in Uk that will cut to size before delivery?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Not available in 8mm, 6,9,12,15,18 etc, 3mm increments.
Many will cut to size, but very few deliver, too expensive.
B&Q cut to size.

Sponsored Links
Hi, none of the local diy stores that retail Mdf sheets,will cut them to size.I want a sheet less than the 8ft x 4 but with specific dimensions. also 8mm will be thick enough.Does anyone know of a distributor in Uk that will cut to size before delivery?
Thanks

What area are you in, It could just be a case of shopping around A lot of trade outlet's have wall saw's for very acurate board cutting.

Not available in 8mm, 6,9,12,15,18 etc, 3mm increments.
Many will cut to size, but very few deliver, too expensive.
B&Q cut to size.

B& Q and ' do it all' have wall saws,but not the right width MDF for what I want.I guess it must be a custom size I am looking for.However in the old days this was never a problem.
We should be able to send a supplier our dimensions and they cut it to size & deliver.
thanks anyway

Most decent timber yards will do this. I know our local timber yard will cut just about any piece of wood to just about any size (they have a huge band saw machine in a room of its own)

8'x4' or 2440x1220mm is the standard size - what size are you looking for? You said it was less than 8'x4' so what do you mean by "not the right width"? Did you mean "thickness"?

You could always leave 6mm out in the rain - it'll soon become 8mm :evil:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back