Plain roof tiles on an 11 degree pitched roof?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
My architect has drawn me up plans for a single-storey extension with a roof pitch of ~11 degrees, and plain roof tiles to match the main house.
But, whilst browsing online at plain roof tiles (that seem to be a match for my own) I noticed that they are spec'd up to a 'minimum pitch' of 35 degrees. This seems to be a big problem, or have I mis-understood something?

Are there alternative plain roof tiles that can 'handle' a lower roof pitch? Or what are my alternatives?

Thank you for your thoughts/advice.
EzioS

Sponsored Links
At 11 degrees you would not even see the plain tiles.. You would however see the water peeing through the ceiling.. Agree with above

I saw a property that had done the same but I would guess it was 20° pitch. I drove past it regularly and wondered how it wasn't causing problems?
I drove past a few weeks ago and they have changed it.

Sponsored Links
You can have low pitch tiled roofs with battens on counterbattens on breathable membrane on sarking boarding on rafters , but plain tiles at 11 degree pitch :!::eek: Ask the architect how they think that would work .

I thought 11 degrees would be classified as a flat roof.

Thanks to everyone for their advice.

I'm now reading up on the web specifically about 'low pitch roof tiles' and there's some good 'old' threads on here on the topic.
Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back