Plan for free scrapping of cars

Sponsored Links
From the text, I'd say all vehicles scrapped after 1st Jan, '07.

"from the start of 2007 under a new initiative which stems from a European directive."
New English initiative finally following the European directive and in a different way other European countries handle the directive. Buy a new or used car = pay a little extra for scrapping (in place for over 2 decades already) i.e. money coming in now will pay for older cars being scrapped now.

Like in other European countries you pay a little extra for electrical goods so the supplier takes back your old one (to be disposed of eco-friendly, regulated and centralised).

Statutory Instrument 2003 No. 2635
Statutory Instrument 2005 No. 263

in SI 263 someone said:
Registration and declaration of responsibility by producers
7. - (1) By 30th April 2005 each producer shall apply to the Secretary of State for registration and declare responsibility for those vehicles which he has placed on the market before the date of his application for registration.

The next quote is annoying .. use of 'next year' without specifying date of writing...

The web site copyright notice is for 2006 .. So assume 2007 then.

[url=http://www.cartakeback.com/en/faqs.asp]CarTakeBack FAQ[/url] said:
What is a qualifying vehicle?

In accordance with the End of Life Vehicle regulations 2005, vehicles registered after 1st July 2002 (from next year vehicles of all ages will be encompassed), which are complete and do not contain any additional waste will qualify for freetakeback when delivered to a vehicle manufacturer approved Authorised Treatment Facility. Cartakeback ATFs and Cartakeback-Points guarantee freetakeback for all qualifying vehicles of the brands listed above which are delivered to their sites. This service may also be extended to other brands of vehicle.

Woody you into WEEe then?
Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Directive
The UK Regulations implementing the WEEE Directive were laid before Parliament on 12 December 2006 and enter into force on 2 January 2007. Non-Statutory Guidance will be available in the new year.
UK WEEE Regulations (SI 2006 No. 3289)

Joking aside, this is a good idea. Just a little dubious about overall Euro data.. Bearing in mind some of the stuff I have witnessed dumped out of town in the likes of Greece - ... Anyone can tick boxes and do they not love it !
It has been said "Never give a sucker an easy break" are we Eurosuckers?
:eek:

Sponsored Links
empip said:
No ;) (well try to do my bit for the environment by selling eco-friendly products of course ;))

Just most of the times amused that UK brings in 'new regulations' with much fanfare that have been introduced - sometimes in different ways, but none the less - in other countries for a long time already. Re-inventing the wheel comes in mind :rolleyes: no pun intended

WoodYouLike said:
empip said:
No ;) (well try to do my bit for the environment by selling eco-friendly products of course ;))

Just most of the times amused that UK brings in 'new regulations' with much fanfare that have been introduced - sometimes in different ways, but none the less - in other countries for a long time already. Re-inventing the wheel comes in mind :rolleyes: no pun intended

Don't let the UK amuse you.... Just think, if we did not spend such humongeous amounts on defence etc we'd jump through the rest of Euroland no problem then where would they all be?
:D

Back