Planning advice/consultant for the Kingston area

Yes you’re probably right. In which case the largest extension we’d probably get through is 3.5 meters do you think?

I've given up trying to second guess what planners will do, I'm usually wrong.

It probably wouldn't do any harm to submit a new prior notification larger home extension application but don't build your hopes up. Maybe change the layout slightly so instead of being 6m deep make it 5.8m or something and claim you are resubmitting because of the design change.

Otherwise like I said originally, you will have to submit a new householder planning application. I have no idea how they will feel about a 6m deep extension, that is quite big, so you might have to make some enquiries, most planning departments will not give free pre-application advice anymore so a GOOD local architectural designer might be a better source of advice. Your existing "architect" sounds like a bit of a numpty but he might be able to give you some advice on likelihood of planning approval and will probably be cheaper as he already has the plans prepared.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back