Planning an extension and second toilet

DP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have an architect in the process of making drawing for extension and converting existing kitchen into a utility and a toilet with new kitchen in the extension

Am told by the architect the second toilet needs a space of 1200mm in front of the pan and also there needs to be wheelchair access which clearly screws up the kitchen to utility and toilet conversion as there will hardly any space left for the proposed utility

I looked at neighbours house which is the same is mine. She has a an extension at the front of the house with a 900 space in front of the pan and no wheelchair access

Am I right in saying that a second toilet need not have these stringent dimensional requirements.

Is it possible to use the same plans ( as neighbours setup suits me very well) or do each application need fresh drawings. Am aware that position on the road and my house grounds will differ from neighbours

Thank you for reading the post

Dan

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Am told by the architect the second toilet needs a space of 1200mm in front of the pan and also there needs to be wheelchair access
Lol. Make sure you widen all the other doors in the house so that the wheelchair user can actually get to the new loo.

As per Woody.

• Thanks
Reactions: DP

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back