Planning for a porch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I want to build a timber frame porch. It’s within 2 metres of the boundary and probably over 3sqm also so I need planning.
Does anyone know what application I use?
Looked on my local authority site and couldn’t see what I’d have to use.
Any guidance will be appreciated

Sponsored Links
A Householder Application, you don't do anything through the local authority now, it's all done through the Planning Portal, then once it's submitted on the PP it'll effectively be handed over to the local authority and they'll take over. You'll need to create an account on the PP and start an application, once you set up your application it will ask you for all the relevant information and tell you everything you need to provide, drawing wise.

A Householder Application, you don't do anything through the local authority now, it's all done through the Planning Portal, then once it's submitted on the PP it'll effectively be handed over to the local authority and they'll take over. You'll need to create an account on the PP and start an application, once you set up your application it will ask you for all the relevant information and tell you everything you need to provide, drawing wise.
I’ve already built a ground floor and first floor extension which required planning so I do have a PP account etc . I was looking more on the LA website for fees and what application it was but I will follow your guidance on it

I’ve already built a ground floor and first floor extension which required planning so I do have a PP account etc . I was looking more on the LA website for fees and what application it was but I will follow your guidance on it
I would presume a porch would need a full planning app, same as an extension.

So you will need:
location plan
block plan
proposed floor and elevation plans
inside leg measurement, what you had for breakfast……..

Sponsored Links
I would presume a porch would need a full planning app, same as an extension.

So you will need:
location plan
block plan
inside leg measurement, what you had for breakfast……..
Ok cool, well I’ve done that process before. I just didn’t anticipate it being the same. Annoying really. I might just build it and wait for someone to grass me up and get retrospective planning

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back