Planning new bathroom waste system, after help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone.

I've just started converting a second floor bedroom to a bathroom/shower room.

Local council have been notified and the BCO has been round for initial site audit.

My question is regarding the waste flow from this room. (I will try and attach a floor plan I have done after this post).

Basically the 110mm waste pipe will run horizontally under the floor boards in the room adjacent the bathroom. Basically this is running next to where the toilet will be.

I plan to run the waste pipe as follows:
WC direct connection to 110mm waste
Shower and sink 40mm waste
Bath on its own 40mm waste.

I also plan install an air admittance valve to prevent the traps from syphoning.

The BCO mentioned that the bath, shower and sink should enter the main waste pipe BEFORE the toilet. I.e the toilet should be the furthest point downhill on the main waste.

The problem is that the toilet is situated in the middle of the room. In an ideal world I would have the waste in the following order (moving downstream).
1) bath
2) wc
3) shower and sink combined

Just wanting to know people's advice on the above.

Also where should the AAV be installed on the waste run. I know it goes on a vertical run and should be higher than the highest item (sink).

Thanks in advance for your help.

Rob

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back