Planning permision.....again!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi,

I'm looking to buy a 1.25 acre plot, already with a derelict cottage on(some parts of the cottage date back to 16th Century) the cottage hasn't been lived in for 35years + it originally had a thatched roof and had a corrugated roof put over the top within the last 30 years or so; and looks like it needs to be levelled and started again - its that bad!.

My question is.....

If I completely bulldozed the cottage and cleared it all, how difficult would it be to obtain planning permission to build another dwelling over the top (nothing fancy just perhaps a cottage (bungalow proportions - maybe living space in the roof)???

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Why isn`t the plot being sold with outline planning :?: Maybe someone knows summat you don`t :!:

hi,

Thanks for replying.

The plot is being sold as a derelict cottage (circa 16th century), possible interest to investors or equestrian people......

I dont think theres dodgy motives there, cos if I just repaired the cottage that would be within the legal requirements... (but the cottage looks like it needs puliing down..)

Its currently owned by a farmer??? possibly cant be bothered drawing plans up etc... I am under the impression if I bought it and bulldozed the current derelict cottages and then drew up plans for another property and got planning permission, then the value would increase quite a bit!??

thanks,

Easiest way is to talk to the local planning authority...they will give you an honest answer...after all that is there job.

While it is the most sensible to knock down and start again...you may not be able to get planning for the new build. ask the planning officer for his advice...most enjoy talking and giving advice...

Sponsored Links
yes id go to the planning department and ask them straight... you can get planning permision of property you dont own. if its old it may have Listing or somthing like that that is holding back the price.

Whoa there, even the demolision would require planning permission. Best bet is to call your planning office to get a feel for what type of structure(s) they're likely to accept. Then put in a detailed planning application for what you intend to build. You stand a better chance of having your application accepted, if you are seen to take their advice into account. Do all this BEFOREyou go demolishing anything.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back