Planning refused on Strawbale build

It would have been a different local plan in 1999. Probably different rules or maybe different boundary.

Hi Jeds,

Have just checked.
The LP was adopted in 1996, no apparent change since then.

AL

Sponsored Links
So the LP hasn't been amended for 15 years ago! I'm surprised!

Nothing, absolutely nothing is surprising about ACC planning policy.

It is supposed to be read in conjunction with the Stopped UPD and Supplementary Guidelines, which is what I'm doing.

The LP is currently being re-developed with Gwynedd CC, so by 2016, we'll have a Joint LP.

AL

So what did the planning report (for the approved house) say about the settlement boundary?

I'm not directly familiar with Anglesey planning so I am talking more generally here but I would say the planning landscape has certainly changed since 1999. In 1999 the planning process was a mystery to most people. These days everyones an expert. Information is more freely available, planners are more accountable, people are more litigeous, etc. etc. There are groups of people who set the planning portal to inform them when a planning application is submitted in x, y or z area. So the moment you apply they are on to you. Nothing gets past the public these days.

So it is possible the LPA did buck the plan in 1999 but if they do it now I'll buy you a pallett of straw bales.

Sponsored Links
So what did the planning report (for the approved house) say about the settlement boundary?

I'm not directly familiar with Anglesey planning so I am talking more generally here but I would say the planning landscape has certainly changed since 1999. In 1999 the planning process was a mystery to most people. These days everyones an expert. Information is more freely available, planners are more accountable, people are more litigeous, etc. etc. There are groups of people who set the planning portal to inform them when a planning application is submitted in x, y or z area. So the moment you apply they are on to you. Nothing gets past the public these days.

So it is possible the LPA did buck the plan in 1999 but if they do it now I'll buy you a pallett of straw bales.

Hi John,

No mention at all of the traditional boundary in the 1999 approval.

Will hold you to the promise of the the pallett of bales :)

AL

Will you be going to appeal? Might as well do. Nothing to lose and the precedent might help there.

Will you be going to appeal? Might as well do. Nothing to lose and the precedent might help there.

Yes, most definitely.
And not simply out of bloody-mindedness.

We believe very strongly there is a case to be answered and that the planning guys need to justify their 'no' with an explanation other than "it's policy".

I've thought long and hard about why they've said no, looked in detail at each point in the LP and I feel we have strong responses to each one.

It shouldn't be about who you know and backhanders, and it is.
It should be about discussion and seeking compromise on both sides.

Maybe I'm living in cloud cuckoo land thinking I can make a difference but if ordinary folk don't put up a fight, nothing will ever get fairer.

AL

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back