Planning permision nightmare

It is a single freehold house which has 2 council registered aparments. Both the apartments are on one lease only .
So after fully separating them i will get them on 2 different lease .

Sponsored Links
Thanks all for putting in your efforts!!
Yes it is 2 flats already..so what i read from your replies is that i would need to make 2 different planning household applications for both flats . Is this right??
Also i would like to know what will be the maximum loft conversion in volume/size me can apply .
No, not household applications - full planning applications. There is a difference - of about 4 pages.

Sponsored Links
Also which departments in the council consider it two flats, for example the council tax and the planning departments will have separate criteria.
But as Woody suggests it seams you have a single house which was never separated officially
You say it was split over 20 years ago, things were different then, the utility companies weren't so concerned at new installations having an officially recognised address, council departments weren't so concerned about the requirements in the regs now, for example HMO rules etc.
However properly separating a house into two distinct flats would have required planning permission and fallen under the remit of Building Control.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back