Planning Permission Granted with added "condition"

That would be brilliant thank you so much for taking the time to do so.

In the officers report it just adds this condition and states it is to be of obscured glaze in respect of the neighbours objection and that this will rectify the issue of overlooking. However we can see at present and will see no more by going out 3 metres plus they are of the middle of a terrace surrounded by people a lot closer than us. It's all very frustrating.

I spoke to a planning officer this morning and they said to apply to have the condition removed we have to pay £195, but we can reapply for our original plans emphasising clear glazing which would then if they object again which i imagine they would will go before a comittee meeting where I can explain our case. With it being this side of Xmas anyway and not knowing what sort of winter we are going to have we have put in for planning again as that was free. If it does all fail we still have our permission granted regardless but with the silly condition so we can effectively still commence if we liked then have a go at ways of getting around the window like mentioned above changing it or using vinyl.

Sponsored Links
They will if the neighbour complains.

They will send a letter. They wont (actually can't) spend money or time trying to enforce such a minor thing, which is not in the public interest.

The self adhesive film is a good idea. It can go on and off at will. Probablly following any letter.

I would not even bother with any appeal on the condition, as it could well be deemed a valid condition.

Sponsored Links
I spoke to a planning officer this morning and they said to apply to have the condition removed we have to pay £195

An appeal to the planning inspectorate is free.

The planners would only remove a condition if they felt that it would be an unreasonable condition - ie only remove it if an appeal would be sucessful.

I remember somebody putting in frosted glass once. The sash broke (I forget how), and they were forced to put in a temporary (unfrosted) panel. It's still there.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back