Planning Permission & Permitted Development

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have designed a rear extension for a client and also a loft conversion. The loft convesion ( a hip-to-gable extensnio and a dormer window - total roof space increased by less than 50 cubic metres for semi detached property) is permitted develoipment - the rear extension is tallet than 4m. Is it best to only show the rear externsion on the planning drawings? But then show the loft conversnio on the building regs drawings?

Eddy

Sponsored Links
That's what I'd do.
Even if you got approval for going over 4m in height (without showing a dormer on the drawings), there is nothing to stop the client doing a loft conversion separately

Thanks Tony,

the rear extension is only a single storey, it only goes higher than 4m due to the ground floor level being quite a bit higher than the external ground level at the back, i think i should be ok for an approval :)

Sponsored Links
Thanks Tony,

the rear extension is only a single storey, it only goes higher than 4m due to the ground floor level being quite a bit higher than the external ground level at the back, i think i should be ok for an approval :)

I believe the height measurement is taken from the highest part of the ground adjacent to the extension.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back