Planning permission to extend balcony?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I'm having to re-do my 3m x 1.5m balcony entirely, as 'they' used standard ply substrate when they made it which has rotted and led to the tiles lifting and opening.

As it's being done - I figured I may as well extend it, by a meter each way as there is only a tiled roof either side that is covering nothing really.

So it would become 5m x 1.5m.

However, I have two concerns which I thought those with some experience of these things might be able to throw their two pence in on...

1. Do you think I'll likely need to get planning permission for this - and which is the best way to go about getting it if so? - I line in Fife in Scotland.

2. I'll have to change the iron railings, either by fabricating extra sections into it, or replacng with a new balustrade. I was liking the toughened glass panels with steeel and wood rails type, but the costs are astronomical from the only two sites I've found on line which sell them. Does anybody recommend an approach on where to get this done?

Apologies for all the questions - it is my first owned house, so am somewhat new to all this - but a willing student!! :confused:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back