planning

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have recently put in planning for a two storey 4 bed house next to a bungalow on one side and a 4 bed house on the other.dimensions are 19.5 x 38m. i had a phone call the other day from the planning officer to say she recommended it be rejected on the grounds that it dominates the bungalow. the current street scene is mish mash to say the least. the neighbours in the bungalow wrote a letter to say they had seen the plans and were more than happy with what was been built. i then went above her and spoke to the big bosses who then closed ranks and supported her. she originally was quoting that from building to building there had to be a gap of 9 meters on the bungalow side, that would mean i could only have a house of 10 mts wide unless i went single storey on that side. she then went on to say if i put a drive in between the it could be 5m. and suggested that i move the whole house to within 2 feet of the boundary on the left.
all that a side can anyone tell me if i went single storey on the bungalow side side how far from the boundary could i build to?
thanks guys
shaun

Sponsored Links
Title says building regs, but post seems to relates to planning? :confused:

Anyway, for planning, closeness to boundary is determined by local planning policy

For b/regs you can build up to the boundary

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back