planning

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
oconnor - 11:32 AM on Aug. 29, 2011 reply | message
hi, new to this ,

i own a house with land and garage studio,
which has got planing on it to change in to a one bedroom self contained unit, but they sate it remains ancillary to the house ,but when you define ancillary, the unit needs to have one that you need the main house for e.g kitchen,toilet but this unit has every thing to be separate in including heating septic tank and road access, it took 2 years to get planning,is it hard to change any ruling imposed by planning,
my question is what would happen if i legally split the main house and garden with the land register and put it up for sale, keeping the garage studio and land which we have live stock on it,
has anyone meet this problem before

Sponsored Links
By severing the ownership of the self-contained unit, you would create a new planning unit, i.e. a new independant dwelling. This is something which you dont have planning permission for. If the planning policies in your area would not support the creation of a new dwelling, then you would be putting yourself at risk of the Council taking enforcement action to cease the occupation of the property, and if you've already sold the main house then you're left with a big problem. I wouldnt recommend this course of action.

Regards

Rob Duncan

If you are going to try and scam the system and do some unlawful development and potentially be out of a home, then you probably would want to get some professional advice and not rely on a forum

Further to Woody's comment above, I would point out that I am a Chartered Planning Consultant and for my previously stated reasons cannot recommend the approach you are considering.

Regards

Rob Duncan

Sponsored Links
Further to Rob's comment above, I would point out that I am not a Chartered Planning Consultant and I too cannot recommend the approach you are considering.:cool:

I was merely saying don't ask here for advice on how to scam the planners

No offence to Rob

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back