plasma t.v

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
last month i purchased a new 42" plasma t.v but the remote control does not work when you are more than about 4 foot away from it, i have tried new batteries twice but still the same can anyone tell me if i have a problem or is it just one of the characteristics of this t.v. i hope not as it seems a bit pointless having 42" of screen when you have to be 3`6" away to operate it

Sponsored Links
perhaps the ir led is dirty? or the ir receiver is dirty / protective film, have you tried cleaning them?

yes checked that one last night , thought to myself while stamping on remote what if there is a protective film on the receiver. ain't it funny how you try to press the buttons harder when it wont work :confused:

rich100 said:
ain't it funny how you try to press the buttons harder when it wont work :confused:

That's like shouting at foreiners to make them understand English :LOL:

what happens if you get a 1 for all "spodder", will that work it? if so from how far, alternatively take it back from whence it came and ask for another one

Sponsored Links
If I had just bought a 42" Plasma or 12" tube & the remote did not work, I would be into the shop (if thats where it came from) with the remote & get it checked out.

Go back to shop, and ask for a demo of one on display to see if any difference.

Take remote and reciept with you when go, that way you can try yours on the display model. that way you should be able to see which is at fault. If its the remote they may give you a new remote on the spot if they have any and you have your reciept.

If you bought online, most shops have them on display. You can always try it on the sly if you didn't buy it from them.

Salem.

thanks for the advice, i`ll be on my way to the shop first thing saturday morning

Hi try using an all in one remote.
Ok if you do not own one goto yer local walmart (if you have one) and purchase one, make sure your tv is listed. then take it home program it and see if it works, if it does it is the remote, if not it is the tv.
Either way return remote in original packaging. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back