Plasplug tile cutter - problems

kak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've found the cutter fine for norml sized ceramic tiles (having coped with the water etc) but I am having difficulties in cutting 310x450 limestone effect tiles (padova from topps) without badly chipping the surface. I've tried cutting with both sides of tile facing up and get the same chipping effect. Could this be the disk becoming worn, or a possible fault with tiles or just user error ?? I thought the grout would disguise the chipped edges but it looks c**p. Any ideas ?? :(

Sponsored Links
You should have the fence parallel to the blade, or possibly slightly tighter (by about 1mm) at the front of the blade than the back. It must definately NOT be tighter at the back, than the front. This will prevent the tile getting pinched between the blade and the fence. I take it you realise that you must use the downward going edge of the blade as the front.

Another usefull trick is to cut the tiles slightly oversize (by say a coupe of mm, and then run it down again to remove the last bit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back