Tiling Warning

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm sure most of you know this already, but I've just found out the hard way. . .

I've been tiling my bathroom, set out and fixed the main field - no problem, looks good. :D

On Saturday I did the edge/cut tiles. Measured each one and numbered them on the back with felt tip pen before cutting them all with an electric tile saw. Up they went, job done and me very happy. Planned to grout on Sunday. :cool:

Got up Sunday morning and noticed something on the surface of the tiles....???? :confused:

The felt tip pen has soaked through the ceramic and the numbers are visible through the glaze!! I've now got to take them all off and start again. :evil:

DON'T USE FELT PEN ON THE BACK OF CERAMIC TILES!!

Has anyone else ever had this happen or am I Frank Spencer!!??

Maceman

Sponsored Links
Sorry, but HEHE. A done a job a while back and i guy used a felt tip pen to mark all his walls and cielings, as for markers at new spot lights etc. Unfortunatly all the felt tip pens marks all bled through the emulsion and every "so-called" stain blockers etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back