My first tiling attempt 30 years ago

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
First house I ever bought I decided to tile the bathroom. Unusual bathroom layout. A bit like standing inside a U-Boat. Tiling went well until I came to the curved ceiling. I shaped several tiles accordingly before fixing them to the wall and numbered them on the back in order of placing with a black felt tip...1, 2, 3, 4, 5 left to right etc. The tiles were mottled beige by the way (popular in the 80's for some reason).
The next morning the wife came into the bedroom and told me to go and have a look at my tiling. The felt tip pen ink had soaked through the back of each tile and emerged underneath the tiles glaze on the surface. Wife was hysterical with laughter as I chiselled the tiles out and started again.

Sponsored Links
Aggg!
Great idea if the customer really pees you off, write rude message on the back of the tiles and run for it!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back