Water leaking through tile when it rains

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
During the recent heavy rains I have noticed that a few drips of water have started to appear at the edges of tiles around our bathroom window. If the rain is heavy then a steady drip appears and starts to soak the sill below.

I resealed the inside and outside and the drips have vanished from all but one area, which is a corner. I have checked outside and can't see any obvious water pooling around the window edges and the wall doesn't look particularly wet (it is protected to some extent by a climbing plant).

I have checked higher up and there is no obvious water run from the same location directly under the roof felt or gutter (this bathroom is an extension built years ago).

I am at a bit of a loss as to how the water is getting in. These tiles have a 3-d base behind them, which was installed over the previous tiles. So water would have to travel through the first tiles and the base to get through the top tiles!

There are no pipes in the wall and it only happens when it rains a fair amount. There is no water coming through the ceiling, only this one area on the tiles themselves. These tiles were installed about 4 years ago and have been absolutely fine until now. Help!

Cheers

Adam

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back