Plaster and lining

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have just had some builders in and they ripped the lining paper (a quarter of a wall) off when they were putting up a new stud wall. I was hoping i could get some advise as to the best way to fix this and give it a reasonable finish. If i plaster over the ripped part to the old lining paper would that look ok? Or would it be better to even up the rip and add new lining paper?

Thanks for your help,

a new homeowner

Sponsored Links
yes that will look ok last year i had a job in a hotel where they put new chases in and they wanted us to plaster over the lining paper and feather it out ready for the painters, when the painters painted it you couldent tell the difference between lining paper and plaster, but you have to get a good spread to do it good, everyone knows you not supposed to do it but it do work

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back