Plaster and wall tiling?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I am in process of stripping my whole bathroom and removing old plasterboard down to brick.

I dont want tiles all over so looking at water resistant plasterboard then skim then paint on some walls

then where the shower tray is that 2 walls to be tiled.

one of the shower tray wall is half plasterboard and some tiling.

Behind tiles whats best? add WBP plywood then tiles or is there alternative solution?

Floor i will put 18mm plywood then tiles just wall im confused as getting mixed reviews.

Sponsored Links
just thought

can i put this plasterboard all over?

http://www.wickes.co.uk/Knauf-Aquap...QtuseKQwC7yE5aPbAGRoCRzIQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

then tile on top of the plasterboard in the shower area or would that not be strong enough? tiles i have is 80x80cm

The website says that it will support 50kg per m2. Your tiles are 0.64 m2, so assuming that with adhesive etc they are less than 32 kg (!!!!) it should be OK. Not sure if you need to consider the weight of the board itself and I'd imagine you'd need to make it very secure indeed on the wall behind.

See what others say though, I'm no expert!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back