Plaster board ceiling with void

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How would you construct and what materials (wood or metal stud) would be best to use for creating a a similar ceiling as shown in the picture. Ideally I would like to also add a void around the edge of the ceiling with concealed led wall washers?

Attachments

• star_ceiling.JPG
    star_ceiling.JPG
    359.6 KB · Views: 123
Sponsored Links
Metal framed ceiling fixed to existing ceiling joists through plasterboard. Would require some PB to be cut out and timber noggins to be fixed between the joists to carry the MF where it runs in same direction as the existing timber joists. PB to be patched afterwards. Use 6mm PB over MF to keep the weight to a minimum. Concealed lighting could be dealt with using PB and plastic corner profile (sorry, can't remember the name of the firm who supplies it)

Thanks.... how would you make the fixture deeper in depth for example if you wanted a 300mm perimeter?

With MF you could make the dropped section any width or depth you require. Can't see what your issue is

Sponsored Links
Hi thanks for the reply, I know this must sound baffling, I can't get my head round is how to support the area that extends inwards and by still leaving the void between the suspended ceiling?

I understand by dropping more framework from the ceiling would support it as shown on the right side example, but how would I achieve this supporting structure by keeping the void area?

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 97

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back