Plaster Board Questions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I have two concerns needing advice on. First can I dress old brick wall end with OSB board and skim it. Can OSB be skimmed. Second I am about to fit plaster board on ceiling how much gap should I leave between the joints and is jointing tape necessary. Thank you all in anticipation.

Sponsored Links
I wouldn't think you could skim over OSB on it's own,i've never seen it done personally,but someone out there might know for sure. If you fit plasterboard to your old red brick wall,that's no problem to skim. Your other question was on the spacing of plasterboard joints on the ceiling...... Some "butt" the boards together,some leave a mil or two,others leave a gap you could drive a bus through. :rolleyes:.... I would definitely tape the joints though,it is the right way to go about it. You can leave it taped or have it skimmed. Just leaving it with the joints as they are,un-taped, would spoil the look of your job.

Roughcaster.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back