Plaster boarding over boiler pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, you’ve all been such great help with a lot of the stuff I’ve been tackling. Now my kitchen is probably the worst in the house... but as a temporary (a couple years, maybe 3) fix before I tear it down and start again. I’m thinking of plasterboarding over the bare bricks.
I’ve just had a new boiler fitted a couple months ago now (turned out to be a bit of a cowboy but you live and you learn hey!) so it’s a little close to the external wall isn’t it!

question is... can I fix some timber to the wall, and screw on some plasterboard to make it look somewhat presentable. (Even though I do kinda like the look of the pipework )
EKw66UD.jpg

cjHWsYw.jpg

Sponsored Links
You can fix timbers and plasterboard above,below and to the sides ,not withstanding the fact that the left hand side looks very close to the wall and what you add may restrict access even further for removing the cover / servicing/ maintenance etc.

Lovely plumbing, almost seems a shame to cover it up the work of a craftsman.

+1 for leaving the pipework exposed, lovely parallel runs, Munsen rings not those horrible plastic things. Get a stiff brush out on the brickwork to get the rubbish off, seal it and call it a feature wall :)
EDIT The Magnaclean is a bit ugly but the pipe drop/turn is lovely, perfect straight line through the elbows. 9.8 from this judge, he'd have got a 10 for wide radius bends :)

Sponsored Links
Keep contemplating a swaging tool- would make correcting my not quite parallel offsets much cheaper :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back