Plastering over 15mm pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All,

Have just finished fixing hot and cold supply pipework to support mixer bar for my new shower.

The thermolite block has been chased just above and below the bath to allow for this.

I'm at the point now where I need to plaster over the pipes. There is quite a large 'ish' void to fill near where the pipes turn 90' for the mixer as I fixed a piece of timber in here to support the pipe clips. This worked out much easier than trying to fit clips to block. The pipes are nicely centred/fixed and level. The rest of the chase is only a bit wider than the pipework.

Would it be recommended to do anything to the bare pipes first before plastering and also any recommendations in terms of suitable material for 'packing' the larger void as mentioned to allow for easier plastering.

Sponsored Links
OK, thanks for that I have some duct tape so I'll use that as I belive that denso is sticky and difficult to apply?

What is thistle browning?

Sponsored Links
Repair the wall only enough to give the tiles a secure enough fixing. When I'm using large enough format files I don't fill the void at all - this eases future maintenance because (a) the tile will come off more easily and (b) you'll have room to work on or remove the valve.

Hi Darth,
As long as you 'Have those plans' everything will work out ok.

:D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back