why plaster over piping when chasing a wall?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i'm intending on chasing an (internal) wall to lay pipework for a shower.
once i've done the chasing, i intend to wrap it in a waterproof membraneand clip it to the wall and then put wall panels over the area that is above the level of the bath, and leave the area below the level of the bath exposed. would there be an issue with this? my thinking is if there's an issue, the pipe is easier to access, and pipes run exposed anyway and the particular areas don't need plaster for my purpose

Sponsored Links
Sensible plan. Apart from the membrane bit- what'll that do? Be wary of chase depths...

Leaving the lower part “exposed” will attract water from bath usage however careful you are. Using a single length of copper pipe will reduce risk significantly.

Blup

Sponsored Links
Leaving the lower part “exposed” will attract water from bath usage however careful you are. Using a single length of copper pipe will reduce risk significantly.

Blup

when you say attract, do you mean it could fall on the pipes rather than attract?
i agree it could, but i thought pipes running under the bath were left exposed by default, this is the way the pipes have been installed for my bath by the plumber who did the job

No, not a problem as you describe it, but would need addressing if moving the bath in future.

Blup

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back