Plaster disaster?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have removed a faux fire surround and tiles from the lounge wall which revealed damge to the plaster underneath. This has been repaired using plaster but less than 14 hours later my father-in-law has papered over it. The repair is approx. 1 metre wide by 70 cm high and is up to 50 mm thick.

There is no way the plaster has dried but what should I do now? Can I leave it and hope all is well or will there be problems caused by leaving it? Should I remove the paper and let the plaster dry properly? He was told not to paper over it but he did anyway (I am at work, my missus is at home worrying to death over this) - any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
YEWWWWWWWW don`t want to do that :LOL: :LOL: ..Leave it, the moisture will escape somewhere.ventually

Cheers for that but my hand has been forced, the paper isn't sticking - it was coming away from the repair. It has stuck above the repair so now I have blown vinyl wall curtains!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back