Plaster doesn’t seem to be drying on chimney breasts

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My knowledge isn’t the best so you’ll have to bear with me. I had my chimney breasts plastered 2 and half weeks ago and it looks like some patches aren’t drying, I’ve kept the heating on constant the last 4 days and some windows opened a little downstairs but doesn’t seem to be doing anything, il upload some pictures. Any advice or anyone know why it isn’t drying? Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_7800.jpeg
    IMG_7800.jpeg
    195.7 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_7792.jpeg
    IMG_7792.jpeg
    209.7 KB · Views: 41
Sponsored Links
Plaster draws in moisture from the chimney walls which will hold damp, give it a good few weeks or even months. Some plasters contain greater lime content to help the walls breathe. What type of plaster was used?

I’m pretty sure it was multi finish? Not sure what that was exactly, it was dot and dab plasterboard already on there, so it was pva’d then plastered?
Plaster draws in moisture from the chimney walls which will hold damp, give it a good few weeks or even months. Some plasters contain greater lime content to help the walls breathe. What type of plaster was used?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back