plaster in eye

reading about getting skim in the eye brings me to ask th question....

why doesnt skim taste as nice as it looks?????

and

has anyone used the mixing paddle to make a giant Angel Delight?????

1/ its an acquired taste! :cool:

2/ nope, never nosiree dont know what you mean. :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I got a blob in the eye ball yesterday, cleaned out with fresh water,now i cant open it and im driving down to Manchester from Edinburgh this morning. :cry:

Sponsored Links
My husband got wet plaster mix in his eye yesterday. He rinsed without delay but suffered for hours afterwards. He finally went to A&E at 4am after not being able to suffer it any longer where they flushed with 1 litre of saline and did PH test, and then sent him home. We found out today that the A&E Department should have given him some ointment to help soothe the pain and irritation, but very sadly for him they didn't. Today he is still suffering and it is now more than 24 hours since it happened, it is very red and very sore and very swollen under the eye. An eye doctor from the hospital has booked him in for tomorrow to check on the eye again. He has found that wrapping some crushed ice in a wet flannel and holding the compress on the eye is very soothing indeed. He would just like to say to anyone else that if this happens to you, please go to A&E straight away to have it flushed out properly and do not wait. I know goggles are a pain in the butt to wear when doing DIY but it really would have avoided this if he had been wearing them.

Plaster in your eye Aaah nasty. This happened to me a while back. Get yourself down the A & E its what they are there for

got my self a pair of makita glasses no more plaster in the eye

Posters and repliers,
Thanks for all this good advice-it really helped me last weekend.
So, plastering a ceiling or two I ended up with a dollop in my right eye. I'm right handed and knew I was too close to the action but didn't listen to the warning signs!
So, NEXT time I shall wear a peaked cap, safety glasses (can't stand goggles)
The property we're doing up (DIY) is in the middle of nowhere..... An hour to A&E ....so I am usually careful with safety and PPE.
The good news is I was able to wash some of it out and having endured a couple of uncomfortable (but not painful) days, the rest oozed out and the bloodshot eye gradually disappeared over 4/5 days.
At no time did I feel in danger, and reading your posts I self-helped.
Oh, and I got the 2nd coat on and troweled to a very acceptable finish!

Concrete or plaster in eye gets you triaged to the front of the A&E queue. That alone shows how serious it is considered. Copious amount of eye washout liquid is applied and an antibiotic cream given.

Well done Daleside and Tony,, good to keep this post on the go now and again as useful advice to others who are learning how to plaster in general. It's so easy to get plaster in your eye. Sometimes, even when mixing plaster, you can get a some splash up in the face. The worst thing you can ever get in your eye as regards to plastering/rendering, is cement/ render or any other coating with lime in it. Very dangerous to your sight if not treated immediately.

I was offered the job of plastering the eye full tower. I turned it down.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back