plaster in eye

I seem to remember a character called "Eyeball Paul" who used Vodka

2.jpg

Sponsored Links
I'd have thought plaster would be caustic not acidic, esp if the OP said that the hospital said the pH was too high i.e > 7 = caustic < 7 = acidic.

I suggest you next time wear a NASA spacesuit with one of those goldfish bowl helmets of the kind that the sexy little squireell Sandy sports in Sponge bob square pants.
Do not wear the lead lined gravity boots mind but go for a nice pair of sensible shoes.

got plaster in my eye once in my early days never again i always wear goggles now its just not worth the pain i spent 3 days haveing my eye opened and stretched and squirted and poked with needles and so on as a result because i left it for agaes to finish my days work then go home and decide what to do i ended up with a permenant black spot on my eye from a scar where it got scratched and burned for a long period of time. bad times but i got some brilliant eye anasthetic from the hospital in case it happend again ;)

Sponsored Links
I dont suffer this problem I replaced my eyes with marbles years ago.

bad times but i got some brilliant eye anasthetic from the hospital in case it happend again ;)

The first time this was administered into my eye, i thought i was in heaven. :p
The relief was immense. I had been cutting a salt glaze pipe in a confined space. My head was close to the business end of the cutter, the disc was not cutting but melting the salt glaze, when a piece struck me plumb on the eye ball.

It left a white mark across my eyeball which was particularly painful.

As soon as the pipette dropper was emptied into my eye the feeling was bliss.

haha exactly its weird to say it but that little squirter was the best thing that had happend to me in a long time. i mean now ive had a daughter so obviously thats now the best moment but the eye thing comes in at a close second

I got a blob of plaster in my eye last week, you must go straight to hospital and get it washed out, i was in pain for about 3 days, apparantly plaster is caustic and will burn your cornea until it is cleaned out, I will always wear goggles in future and reccomend the same to anyone else-even though they steam up sometimes!

As this happened over 8 months ago, I should think he's probably recovered by now :LOL:

Had a few eyefuls myself, always end up with a black eye,mind you if you consider plaster will go off underwater then a few tears and a blob of gypsum? says it all really. :rolleyes:

i got a blob of multi in the eye once, it irritated my eye so much i went to the chemist and had a word with the pharmacist and got some eye drops to sort it, apparently the one you don't want in your eye is lime it reacts with the moister in your eye and turns it blue so im told anyway

reading about getting skim in the eye brings me to ask th question....

why doesnt skim taste as nice as it looks?????

and

has anyone used the mixing paddle to make a giant Angel Delight?????

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back