Plaster or cement?

Not meaning to sound Like a dummy but what is s/c and should I use PvA glue/ water solution beforehand as the stuff on the walls is kinda powdery

Col :)

Sponsored Links
just buy OCR made by weber just wet the wall down with 50/50 pva mix sorted

in some regions (like where I now am on the south coast) it is local practice to render all walls with S&C, then apply a thin (hard) finish plaster. I quite like it, though I was surprised when I moved here. It is probably easier to work, though heavy.

Older houses were done with sand and lime, and lime plaster, because it's a coastal area full of sand and chalk,so they used local materials.

Sponsored Links
Ok people, I appreciate all the advice but I a novice I don't know what you mean when you are all using abbreviations

What is s&c and what is OCR and what is sbr you all keep repeating these terms but what do they stand for

Ok I've figure out s&c is sand a cement from what I can gather its a 4:1 ratio

1) how much water do I add to that

2) is it ok to cover existing plaster with s&c as some of the wall is brick but other part have a light Gray looking plaster type material on them which is a bitch to get off

3) do I need to use a PvA solution or sbr beforehand as the walls are powdery

4) what's the ratio of PvA to water

Thanks in advance

If replying can u please use plain English rather than industry jargon as I am not a plasterer and don't know the lingo

:)

JUST BUY OCR MADE BY WEBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its a (((one coat render))))))=OCR!!!!!!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back