Plaster Question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have recently had some plastering done.

As part of this some patches were plastered to save having to do all the walls, because it's an awkward and large room etc.

I have painted these areas with two thinned down half water/half paint coats and most of the patches are fine. How ever 2/3 of the joins of the new plaster to the current there is a lip, basically where some of the thin skim/plaster has come off, well that's what I suspect anyway.

In order to get rid off the lip and get a smooth finish from the edges of the new plaster skim to the current, what is best way to proceed?

Paint it anyway and sand it down to as smooth finish can?
Use a thin filler to scrap a thin layer over the join from the new plaster to the current and then paint and sand?
Get that part re-skimmed and plastered to make the join smooth?

Thanks in advance.

[/b]

Sponsored Links
If the joins are not "smooth" now then they were not smooth when you paid the plasterer. Why not get the plasterer back?

It suggests that no prepping took place - clean edge, damp down, PVA etc.
What material was the float coat?

AAMOI: when we patch we often attempt to turn the patch into a square area with clean edges to work to.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back