plaster stop beads

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i read on another site similar to this, that you could use stop beads to divide a large area into more workable areas, for the amateur plasterer

can anyone shine some light on this please? :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
You can use stop beads to divide, rooms in to more workable spaces. ;)
Generally used on plasterboards prior to laying on your finish,
So if you have a large area, you can nail the bead on (or fix with plaster/wall adhesive) to the walls in a grid like fashion and trowel up them areas.

i read on another site similar to this, that you could use stop beads to divide a large area into more workable areas, for the amateur plasterer

can anyone shine some light on this please? :mrgreen:
turn the bead back to front and skim up to it then you can remove it and carry on skimming, also you can leave them left in like the wall here it was divided up into 4 managable sections each side with the beads left in, each section was 3-4 bags x8 some where between 24- 32 bags i cant remember exactly
" front" View media item 26885 "back" View media item 26884

very helpfull! specialy the tip on turning them and removing them! thanks. the face of the metal stop bead i will be plastering to and then removing, will i need to prep the metal surface to ensure the skim doesnt stick to it?

Sponsored Links
very helpfull! specialy the tip on turning them and removing them! thanks. the face of the metal stop bead i will be plastering to and then removing, will i need to prep the metal surface to ensure the skim doesnt stick to it?
no , also another way to break big sections down is to run some scrim along the wall or ceiling (at the point you would have put the bead) then skim up to and just over the scrim then pull the scrim off creating a nice line to start your next section

So your new to DIYnot, pompeylloyd.
May I take this opportunity to welcoming you on board and may your journey be a safe one.

Welcome pompeylloyd!

Welome Pompeylloyd,,,, i've been to Portsmouth many many times. Sometimes on the ferry from Gosport, other times on the bus from Fareham. I'm from Gosport originally,, although born in Winchester.

thats too good too be one of your
jobs steve lol
did you use your plastic trowel on it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back