Plaster

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Does anyone now if there is a retarder on the market for gypsum plaster to slow down the setting time.

I no we all used to pee in it back in the day but i dont think that will go down that well on site.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Not as far as i know my friend, im afraid you just have to take into account your mix, atmospheric conditions and the state of whatever your plastering.

www.tomps.com
Tri sodium citrate.
Look under retarders.

I think gypsum plasters are slow enough as it is. If you don't use a retarder, you will learn to plaster quicker. ;) I have never used the product mentioned above, so cannot comment on it. I didn't even know it existed until I Googled "gypsum plaster retarders". :confused:

Roughcaster.

Thanks roughcaster

Im plastering a house out and im not looking forward to doing the down stairs ceiling its about 50 sqm .Im doing it own my own in August and it will hot ,as the house is france.

I dont usually bother my self with any retarders but i just thought it might be an idea to save some of the pain its going to cause.

Thanks Tony

Sponsored Links
Thanks roughcaster

Im plastering a house out and im not looking forward to doing the down stairs ceiling its about 50 sqm .Im doing it own my own in August and it will hot ,as the house is france.

I dont usually bother my self with any retarders but i just thought it might be an idea to save some of the pain its going to cause.

Thanks Tony
I would say you stand a very high risk of it ending in tears without at least someone mixing for you; & then there is the high temp. to consider! You should at least get a volunteer to mix for you but I know I couldn’t manage that big a ceiling on my own in one hit!

Thanks Richard

You are quite right im sure my old man with help mixing.I guess i will lose a couple of stone in sweat,and ask the nhs to grow me a new arm

Thanks Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back