Plasterboard above bay window

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to fit a curtain pole in my bay window. It's a bendy one to fit in, the trouble is when I looked at the curtain track that is currently up; it appears there is nothing but plasterboard or something like it above the window.

The curtain track is fixed to wooden blocks that are inserted at intervals around the bay and they are very loose- one has actually come out and I can see straight into the cavity- there seems to be nothing at all behind there.

The curtains I'd like to put up are quite a bit heavier than the flimsy ones that are up so I need a solution that will be quite solid.

Any suggestions please?

Sponsored Links
I`m no chippy :LOL: but you can get a plank of wood to bend by cutting halfway thru` the depth at regular intervals ...say 50mm. with a circular saw.........so bend the plank and fix to the strongest places with long screws.........paint it and fix bendy rail to it :idea:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back