curtain fixing on bay window

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a bay window with a wooden pelmet which holds the existing curtain track.

I want to remove the pelmet but am not sure how to hang curtains afterwards. I want full length curtains and would prefer to use tab type headings for them.

How can I do this in bay window seting if I lose the pelment?

Thanks in advance for ideas.

Sponsored Links
I have heavy curtains around my bay window without the pelmet. I used hooks on the curtains - that come with the rail you want to fit - that left the curtain pleated at the top, covering the rail. When open my rail is white and the exposed part blends in with the white paintwork. With tie backs to match, it looks much fresher and modern.

You can buy a valance rail, same as the curtain rail, but sits in front of the main rail. Some ready made curtains come with a valance in the same material to hang round the top.

Sponsored Links
we had a wrought iron curtain pole made for our bay window. I suggest you find a local blacksmith from the yellow pages as they are far cheaper than the companies advertising at exhibitions (eg Ideal Home). We paid about £80 which included the brackets and decorative ends.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back