Need to fit curtains

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
All,

New extension. Need to put curtains up. The walls are dot and dab. Lintel's are metal catnic box ones. Not to sure if i can just stick a curtain pole and fittings up or whether i should install a peice of wood along the window with grip fill to spread the load and install a track onto this?

Are the pieces of wood still in "fashion"?

Are the any fittings that would work with the pole fittings?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
you want some of these,
images%5Cselfdrillers.jpg

awesome. fix a batten to the wall with the 'self drilling screws', then you have some play when it comes time to fix the pole brackets.

or just use the s.d's (self drilling screws) to fix the pole brackets direct, though it is a bit riskier.

don't rely on a cartridge adhesive only. it is likely to pull the paint or plaster off the wall.

A bit more time consuming but I cut a hole in the board where I want to put the screw (2" hole saw) and put a plug of plaster in. Then you get a secure screw and no matter how tight you get the screw you won't distort the plasterboard!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back