Plasterboard adhesive stuck on outside wall...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I’ve just bought a bungalow and outside the previous owners had had a conservatory. They took the top half with them and have just left the foundations. On the outside wall of the patio doors where the conservatory used to be were some plaster boards. I popped them off and had a go at chiselling away the dot and dabbed adhesive. The thick came off but there are still loads of unsightly adhesive marks all over the brickwork of the wall.

How do remove this?

I saw a building programme the other night and just by chance the host started to remove some from his outside wall using and angle grinder and some form of abrasive disc? I don’t have an angle grinder but could borrow one. An abrasive tool for a drill would be better in my circumstances if there are any right for the job?

I’ve also read to use a form of acid?

Any help would be great thanks.

Sponsored Links
The guy with the angle grinder was probably using either a flapper wheel or wire brush; don’t do it as it will permanently mark the brickwork face. Try some brick acid followed by a decent pressure washer, if that doesn’t do it, try a needle scaler; flapper wheels & brushes should be regarded as a last resort & probably not even then.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back