Plasterboard adhesive

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Just dot and dabbing boards onto brick wall in garage. Looked at online tutorials and started mixing. The problem is the mix. Using Knauf adhesive and no instructions on mix ratio. Started mixing it and what a hard job. using a whisk with 18V cordless and the cordless struggled. Eventually got a mix together that would hold and by this time I was already knackered - it weighs a tonne! Got one board up! and just washed up my tools which took ages and gave up.

i appreciate its a hard physical job but is there anything to make it easier, Do I need a better whisk. What is best mix for a 25kg bag? Am I just too soft?!

Thanks

Steve.

Sponsored Links
Cordless mixer whisk will not deal with it. You need an electrical whisk/paddle. You can hire them.
The mix ratio per 25kg bag is recommended at 15.5l, a mix should have a 3 hour working time, but I strongly recommend that any mix is used within 45mins.

Prepare the walls, so they are free of dust and debris, generally no primer is required, but damping down the walls will not harm anything.

If you are using 2400mm x 1200mm boards, you will not get much left over from a 25kg bag for 2 boards

Last edited:
I use an old electric drill with a £5 paddle from screwfix fire my occasional mixing needs and it works well. Definitely wouldnt fancy it with a cordless.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back