Plasterboard alignment on a sloped ceiling

DJM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The loft extension was put in before we moved in and not insulated as well as it could be and has Artex sloped ceilings. So I am ripping out the old plastrwerboard, adding some celotex and new plasterboard ready for a plasterer to finish.

The issue is access for materials. Due to the staircase alignment it's impossible to get standard 2400x1200 boards up to the room, but 1800x900 will go.

The sloped roof rafters are not exactly evenly spaced and if I put the 1800x900 boards 'vertically' I will waste a lot of board. But if I put them horizontally (staggered so it's not a single line across the room) will that cause me problems?

Sponsored Links
If you wanted to place the boards vertically you could place plasterboard or wooden backing strips behind the joint, fixed to each board by ether screws or glue

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back